Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A balanced perspective

The above painting is a WORK IN PROGRESS. It feels like it might be a perpetual one. As a new painter I know it will take me LONGER than an professional artist and I know I should be patient. So the old 4X4 driving instructions of : As fast as possible as slow as necessary. - seems appropriate. I spent a majority of the time stressing that I was going to run out of time before the children returned. I spent the other bit of time trying to figure out how, if possible, to make this a "painterly" picture instead of the sad tight things I've made before. So it became one of those times where nothing was working.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a note.

3 comments:

  1. As far as I can tell it looks great as is. I was told by a fellow artist a while back, paintings are never finished, but abandoned. Sometimes just walking away is the solution. I often, just walk away to keep it fresh and keep my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! First off-welcome aboard the blogging train! I ran across your blog from a comment you had left on someones artwork. I am also a self-taught artist. I will be checking back...keep up the great work!

    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies for the positive words of encouragement. It's very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete