Wednesday, February 11, 2009


These little guys on the left are from a children's book called Jack Frost by David Melling (I hope spelled his name correctly) They were so very adorable throughout the story that I couldn't resist trying a few myself. They were great fun and considering I did it so long ago and it was one of my few attempts that ended in success (meaning I was happy with the end result) I thought I would share my flash back with you! I still smile when I pull these little snow bugs out.

My sis-in-law has written a beautiful/fun children's book poem in rhyme and I am wondering if I can pull of illustrating it for her. I'd be ever so pleased!






These little dudes, (right) are tumbling gnomes.
They came in a kit we were given by friends who
came a visitin'. We put them together and I don't think I've ever seen a child so thrilled with a new toy! I made the two younger children's gnomes as they are a bit too young. The older boys helped sew theirs!

The local baboon troop arrived today in force. Seems the veld (wild flora n fauna) is yielding something worth eating. They checked out our swimming pool and had a drink from the splashing pool. When I thought they were gone I sent the boys to take fruit and bread to our neighbors. They came back in a rush. Seems the baboons were still hanging about. The children listen well. they dropped their parcels and hot-footed it home! No one was hurt. I wish I could show a picture there were so many little baboons about!

I've still managed to get some painting done on the girl in the swing - finished Izarah's painting. It doesn't look that much different from the posted pic.

Thanks for visiting. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment