Saturday, December 31, 2011

Illustration Class 7

Excited Ella - pencil illustration -sketch book 2011 Melissa Mead
Well I am - as usual- ;-D totally not paying attention in class.  Absolutely off on my own tangent.  I think it intersects the point of the current class.  We are on a family holiday at the beach and my things are scattered between here and home but I've managed to practice everyday and I've got something to show for it!

It's my first very own - not copied from anywhere but my own head illustration.  There is much to improve on but it's the first baby steps and I'm really proud.  I've got lots of others that I did copy - they made me so excited that I literally couldn't sleep last night - but I couldn't turn the lights on (without waking everyone) to draw more!

I won't pick this apart - just to know that it's the first and beginning.  Always an exciting place.  It would be great if you could leave a comment!!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa! I'm so proud of you! Well done girl, just keep it up. It's amazing how we will progress if we make sure we put in the time and the effort. Well done on taking the time for yourself and your drawing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    This is your first original? Well done! Now that you have created her body type and her hairstyle, try drawing her in a few other positions (and post them). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive feedback Helga and Alison! That's a great suggestion Alison. I did her before I wrote my story - so will start focusing the blog on sketches for that soon: loads of ideas and different angles - I want to have four kids in each picture!

    ReplyDelete