Thursday, February 23, 2012

My candle burns at both ends - and maybe through the middle!

Well - it's been the most wild ride of a week we've had in a while and I can't believe that it's not over yet! Cricket Game matches and practices and home schooling outings and school picnics and it just keeps going.

First of all the work I managed in my shortened classes Monday and Tuesday - shortened due to my hubby being away on business for those days:
The top left you saw before but the others are all new WIPs  of Scarlet from Marvel Comics
I did rotate this however when I posted it - my computer twisted it back!

Wednesday I wanted to try and put some work on my illustration course and picture book work so I sat down with the children and they worked out some of their own illustrations:


This is a picture of a family baking a cobbler on the left and a picture of swimming at the dam on the right - by Aurion  
This is a cobbler in a pan with butter and crumble on top - by Kael.
Then The Two Oceans Aquarium visit:
Clowing around with the clown fish

Fairies among the clown fish
This IS only Thursday.  I've barely managed to get my blog posted today for all the family activity.  I really hope there is time and energy left this weekend in between all the sport till to come!


My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.
Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", 1920
US poet (1892 - 1950)   


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawing, Melissa! It can be hard to balance everything in the ebb and flow of family life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! The challenge of the balance is something I've learned to get serious about. It's my current focus actually. A friend of mine is getting ready for the arrival of her first baby and she's searching for how to balance her needs with the child's. I promised her I'd take notes on my process. :-)

      Delete